Friday 27 April 2012

Tv shows.


Today I was watching some TV and I wondered how many American shows I watch compared to British. I thought it was an interesting point to make so I'd write it here. I'll also note the genre so we can see how I don't really stray from Detective series. (I'm not very good at naming many genres and some I couldn't figure out but I gave it a go)
AMERICAN: BRITISH
Castle (Detective/Comedy) Being Human (Sci-Fi/Comedy)
X-Files (Detective/Sci-fi) Doctor Who (Sci-Fi/Comedy)
The Mentalist (Detective/Comedy) Shadowlines (Crime)
True Blood (Sci-Fi) Torchwood (Sci-Fi)
Haven (Detective/Sci-Fi)
Falling Skies (Sci-Fi/Survival)
Dexter (Suspence/Crime)
The Big C (Sitcom-ish)
Lost Girl (Sci-Fi)
New Girl (Sitcom)
Mad Men (Period Drama)

I obviously prefer American shows, which I hadn't realised unitl I listed them. I realise most of the shows are quite similar which is interesting. I also left out sitcoms that have been going for longer than I can remember, things like Friends and Frasier and Scrubs. Wemight not make all that many shows but when we do I really enjoy them and think that we make really gritty hard hitting stuff where as all the American shows have a certain, fluffyness about them. Apart from Dexter. Dexter is amazingly dark and somehow has you rooting for what would usually be considered as 'the bad guy'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment